Wednesday, April 30, 2008

At least I finished cooking dinner

Tonight’s recipe:

2 boxes Betty Crocker Scalloped Potatoes, prepared as directed in 2 quart casserole dish
5 chicken drumsticks, washed, spiced, placed on parchment paper in stoneware jellyroll pan, covered in foil

Set oven to 450 F (actually do this earlier so it's ready when you are)
Place potato dish on bottom rack
Place chicken pan on top rack

Start a blog while dinner cooks
Hear loud POP
Check kids
Check cats
Check oven
CRY

My stoneware pan cracked into three pieces! I was devastated. It’s seasoned to perfection and has been wonderful, but tonight I had to bury it. :(

But by using the parchment paper, I was able to finish cooking dinner and enjoy it. :)

P.S. Don't get all excited about two whole posts in one day. It's a fluke. An anomaly. It probably won't happen again. Expect them more like once a week. But who knows? Maybe I'll have more to say more often than that.

No comments: