Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Blogging - A Study in Perseverance

Here's how my blog entry went today:
8:15 am - see reminder, but ignore it to check email and pay bills
8:50 am - remember I was going to leave for work at 9:00 but I haven't even gotten in the shower yet; see reminder again and make a mental note to do it tonight

8:40 pm - as I'm reading through something I should have critiqued a while back, remember I was going to blog tonight - I even have a topic that's been brewing since Saturday (so why didn't I just do it then, huh?)
8:41 pm - open IE and go the the "Blog Sign-in" bookmark. Sad that I have to do that, but I used to waste hours trying to find the sign-in page through other peoples' blogs.
8:42 pm - ah, yes, my blog....I should check out Deepish Thoughts and see if anything's new since last time (yes!)
8:45 pm - now I need to check Lexi's blog and see what's happened. Oh, look, comments on one of her posts.
8:50 pm - Oh yeah, THAT'S who Avery Beck is.... cool, she sold another book! Neat website.
8:55 pm - Hmmm, website designed by Stonecreek Media.... I'll just go see some of their other work.
9:10 pm - There's Avery's site! Ooooh, who's Gregg Olsen?
9:30 pm - Wow. I should read one of his books. Hmmm, let's get back to the Stonecreek Media site and see what else is there.
9:40 pm - Cool. Murder She Writes - I should check that out. Oh, look. Allison Brennan blogs here. Last night at the ARWA meeting Jan Hudson mentioned Allison Brennan writes thrillers with some romance in them and I made a note to check her out. Let's go see her website.
10:05 pm - OMG it's 10:00 and the kids are still watching TV!
10:30 pm - Okay everyone's in bed. I should really go write my blog now. Right after I check out this one link.....

3 comments:

Lexi said...

I love it! No distractions, huh? It's so nice to see you blogging again. I confess I'd given up on reading a new post from you, but you proved me wrong. Now I have somewhere else to procrastinate!

Courtney said...

Susye, I forgot you said you were blogging now. Okay, I'm bookmarking you now. Gosh, I feel like the only person in the work without a blog. :)

Isn't it amazing how much time you can waste on a computer without even trying?

Fray-ee said...

Yes, Courtney, it is amazing. Amazing and scary!

And Chris, you're not helping. :) I don't want to help you procrastinate! Now get to work!