Thursday, February 19, 2009

Catching up: kids, goals, backstory

It feels like I've missed a week, but according to the calendar I haven't. My kid has been sick this week, so it's dragged, but she's feeling better and returned to school today. Yay!

I met my most recent goal by getting my entry into the Sheila under the wire, so I'm waiting (im)patiently until May 1st when they announce finalists. Yeah. What was I thinking? :)

Next up: backstory. I'm listening to a thriller right now that has a TON of backstory. Each chapter, nay, each SCENE has backstory in it. It's pissing me off! I work hard to avoid backstory - weaving in only what's necessary and then I spend my hard-earned, uh, time (since I checked it out from the library) on a not just published, but a best-selling author, only to be bombarded with it. Ugh. It's frustrating.

And yet a bit inspiring, too.

No comments: